Aviva UK’s market leading data analytics team are now looking for a Data Scientist to join us in Eastleigh. Our Supply Chain team within Aviva Health are building towards becoming the leaders in understanding and working with providers who offer our customers the best quality of clinical outcomes and simplicity of patient journey, while balancing sustainability of cost and affordability.
This position offers the opportunity to be at the centre of innovation and transformation of how we work with our healthcare suppliers to optimise our over £400m claims spend a year. You will use data analysis and modelling techniques to support, influence and lead on projects covering topics such as supplier selection, pathway management, operational efficiency and cost leakage detection. The role will also evolve to heavily interact with the Aviva Quantum data science team both locally and globally as we pioneer new capabilities.
The current team are Eastleigh based, but Aviva are using “smart working” in 2020 and going forward, so this person can be home-based initially, and bi-monthly travel to our Eastleigh offices will be part of the job.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Using data analytics techniques and tools to deliver proactive models and insight to help to optimise suppliers used
- Leading initiatives underpinned by analytics across our Supply Chain, working with a diverse range of areas including provider management, operations, clinical, transformation and strategy
- Investigating new data to improve optimisation and minimisation of leakage and fraud
- Developing and conceptualising data analytics and modelling to support the critical thinking that underpins Aviva Health’s supply chain activity
- Reviewing processes to facilitate a can-do approach to identify key trends and future issues
- Presenting analytical findings to both internal and external stakeholders to assist the ongoing development of the strategy roadmap
Skills & experiences required:
- Robust relevant professional experience with data analysis in Financial Services or the insurance industry
- Highly numerate individual with analytical capability
- Experience of handling, analysing and reporting on large data sets using tools such as SQL, R, Python, etc.
- Experience of leading on initiatives with teams across a business, developing professional relationships with internal & external customers
- Proven track record to work on varied range of activities at the same time, juggling priorities
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry would be desirable but not crucial
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £40,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.