Regional Underwriting Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a Regional Underwriting Manager to join our team here at Aviva.
In this role you will be responsible for driving profitable growth and setting strategic direction of the business region. This will be done through delivery of the Profit & Loss plan by providing expertise, technical advice and analysis.
The successful candidate will be overseeing the Performance activity across the regional team of c.140 Trading Underwriters. Ensuring they are accountable for improving the technical underwriting capability of the regional team to improve business profitability and performance and coaching Trading Underwriters on the development of significant business opportunities.
Some of the key aspects of the role include:
- Delivery of the Profit & Loss plan for the aligned region
- Overseeing quality of the business that is being written and the Risk & Governance to support it
- Building business plans to support sustainable profit & developing technical content to ensuring capability uplift of underwriters and the broader community
- Continuous improvement of underwriting (guidance, optimising, street pricing, risk acceptance, drive profit, tiering)
- Supporting the creation of a vibrant trading culture to maximise profitable retention and new business opportunities
- Determining growth of the Portfolio, the sector aligned and the plans to deliver it
Skills & experience required:
- Strong broker skills and robust connections within the broker market
- Building long lasting business and broker relationships
- Commercial experience in mid-market insurance
- Comfortable working with more complex business
- Underwriting compliance and capability
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.