IFRS17 Accountant SME - Analysis of Change Enhancements
We've started the search for an IFRS17 Accountant for a 6 - 9-month Fixed Term Contract to be based in either Bristol or York.
The role requires analysing financial data, understanding the sources and data structure and investigating any differences. A good understanding of general ledgers and accounting data structures is needed together with reporting processes.
We require an Accountant to support the planning and delivery of IFRS17 compliant solutions that meet the Group’s key design principles. The role will include stakeholder management with the UK Life Market and other Project Workstreams and support the development of the IFRS17 Shared Service Centre Operating Model for Accounting.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Supporting the Accounting lead on the project
- Extracting financial data and reconciling balances across different metrics
- Producing analysis on financial data
- Investigating data issues
- Liaising with reporting teams, including actuaries, to understand and explain the financial results
Skills & experience required:
- Excellent understanding of life accounting and IFRS reporting
- Ability to handle and understand large amounts of data
- Work independently and show initiative
- Ability to draw conclusions and identify solutions
- Good knowledge of ledger accounting
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.