Internal Audit Manager
Internal Audit at Aviva continues to transform. Do you want to join a highly effective, robust and influential function with a strong internal and external reputation? To deliver this, we are recruiting extraordinary Internal Audit Managers with experience in internal audit, risk management and controls assurance activities. You will help us deliver our goals and have the ambition to grow and develop as future business leaders within Aviva.
Internal Audit’s purpose is to help the Board and executive management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Aviva by challenging the effectiveness of the framework of controls which enable risk to be assessed and handled. We also remain passionate about action to deliver any needed risk and control improvements.
You will work collaboratively as part of an increasingly diverse and inclusive global team. Working together, you will deliver clear, robust, independent and reliable opinions on the adequacy of Aviva's risk management and governance. You will join an international community with daily development opportunities to learn how the business works, perform a variety of challenging and rewarding work, engage with senior management and influence and make a difference.
Why would Aviva Internal Audit be good for you?
- We are One Team - working together as a diverse and inclusive global function
- We drive professional perfection in everything we do. Blending internal audit ability and specialist skills like data analytics, IT and actuarial with great communication, influencing and leadership. We will invest in your personal development and professional growth
- We live Aviva's values. You will work in a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people and are always looking to enhance our team
- The result is quality audit. You will be responsible for providing clear, robust, independent and reliable opinions. Your work will be valued by business management and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Aviva's control environment
Responsibilities in the role:
- You will understand the risks and controls critical to Aviva, be curious, have good relationship skills with the ability to influence management and motivate change. In this position, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Under the guidance of the Head of Internal Audit and working with colleagues to plan and execute audits to a high quality to provide audit assurance and insights over the highest risks facing Aviva
- Communicate and report to the relevant stakeholders the assessment of the effectiveness of the framework of controls, root causes and culture
- Support the production of objective, concise and insightful audit reports
- Own the interaction with business management for issue tracking to support Internal Audit’s validation of closure
- Support the reporting to internal audits key stakeholders (e.g. Audit Committees, Risk Committees, Board Committees, etc) and through these influencing management actions to deliver a more effective controls framework
- Support the transformation and continual improvement of the Internal Audit function
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Audit Professionalism – internal audit skills and methodological application (planning, business analysis, risk and control evaluation, testing and reporting)
- Experience of working in an insurance or relevant financial services function, audit firm or UK regulator
- Experience in delivering complex audits, working within teams, negotiation situations and interacting with key stakeholders
- SME in Equity Release, Annuities, Life Investments and regulation desirable but not essential
- Professional audit or accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, CIA or equivalent) or equivalent experience required
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role