Senior Finance Manager
An opportunity for an IFRS17 Senior Finance Manager has arrived within the IFRS17 Data & Systems department. This role will have a fundamental impact within Aviva’s business including reporting, operational changes and commercial impact.
This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract opportunity and the role requires the candidate to come into the business and look at how data can be moved from project work to BAU.
In this role you will:
- Deliver specific IFRS17 cash flow matching activities. These may relate to sourcing financial data by working with other teams, validating data used by outsourced and IT teams and commenting on the results produced from cash flow matching activities.
- Support investigation of mismatched data by outsourced teams and carry out specific investigations.
- Identify improvements to specific new IFRS17 cash flow matching activities before they are transferred to business as usual.
- Provide guidance to the various teams who carry out cash flow matching related activities as this will improve the efficiency of the end to end process.
- Ensure reporting of the team’s progress via dashboards develops, so that the key measures are reported monthly.
- Document cash flow matching issues and findings for review by senior management and other key stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant or Actuary preferred or experience of insurance accounting and/or actuarial financial processes.
- Understanding of IFRS17 or the ability to develop that understanding.
- Experience of controls over the reliability of accounting and/or actuarial data.
- Initiative to develop new processes where there is no existing process to act as a guide.
- Provide guidance to others as new cash flow matching processes are established.
- Experience of process improvement and delivery focused environments.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.