Solution Designer (6m FTC)
Aviva are now recruiting for a Solution Designer to support a variety of exciting IT development projects. This role is a 6-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC), and can be based anywhere in the UK supported by our “smart working” initiative.
Our Finance Data Platforms (FDP) Design team manage, prepare, and assure a wide selection of data assets to support a diverse group of business areas within our Life and Pensions business. Key internal partners include the finance, actuarial, and regulatory reporting teams, alongside various MI & Business Intelligence functions within Aviva.
The successful candidate will define solutions to support a range of development and transformation projects, balancing the needs of business projects with the need to continually modernize our IT estate. This role will allow someone to be hands-on and influential across multiple teams, collaborating with business users, solution developers, and fellow Designers. The precise allocation of projects/responsibilities will be influenced by the strengths and abilities of the successful candidate.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Interpreting business requirements to support solution definition
- Exploring available data sets, and identifying/specifying methods of combining available data to satisfy actuarial requirements
- Exploring design options, and opportunities to align solutions to our strategic targets
- Developing familiarity with the Aviva product set, and with the data sets that describe them
- Liaising with solution developers across locations to ensure they understand what must be built
Skills & experiences required:
- Track record of delivering robust IT solution designs in a regulated, commercial environment
- Ability to elicit / interpret requirements from business users and liaise with data and systems SMEs
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud-based solutions, and/or Data Lake solutions would be beneficial
- Ideally your experience would include meaningful exposure to Life & Pensions industry, and some familiarity with the associated products and systems
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £59,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.