Senior Manager - Group External Reporting
Aviva Plc are now looking for 2 Group External Reporting Senior Managers to join their Group Finance External Reporting Team.
The Group Finance External Reporting Team is principally responsible for the delivery of the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements for Aviva Plc, associated with the annual reporting, interim half-year results and quarterly business performance, and for developing key supporting insights for the Board and Executive Committees on those results.
The key outputs of the team include the Annual Report and Accounts, half-year financial statements, Quarterly Interim Management Information, Environmental Social and Governance reporting, Quarterly Quantitative Reporting Templates, Financial Stability Templates, Annual Solvency Financial Condition Report, and Regulatory Supervisory Report and ad-hoc public financial disclosures.
In addition, the team is responsible for delivering the internal reporting requirements of Aviva Group Centre legal entities and their respective statutory reporting. The key deliverables for the legal entities within Aviva Group Centre include the plan, forecasting and other internal reporting and statutory reporting for the entities.
The Senior Managers will be responsible for delivery of the required Group reporting in compliance with all relevant regulation supported by results messaging and insights for external purposes, for Plc Audit Committee and Board and other relevant internal committees. One of the Senior Manager roles will focus on the life insurance businesses and the other on general insurance. As such one role holder will require life insurance expertise and the other general insurance expertise.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Take responsibility, with support from Aviva onshore shared service centre, for the delivery of Group external financial reporting outputs ensuring accuracy, adherence to deadlines, technical and business relevance.
- Be a key contact and develop collaborative relationships with Aviva Markets (as assigned) and have a deep understanding of the Market’s results and challenges.
- Drafting of governance papers, including Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee papers.
- Review and challenge of reported numbers from the Markets; bringing business knowledge and sound accounting judgement in ensuring the equality and robustness of reported numbers.
- Lead and manage sections of the reporting cycles to ensure efficient and effective engagement across the internal BU and departments.
- Assist in the verification process of the earnings release, scripts and any other relevant verifiable materials.
- Drive the development of key external disclosures, including planning for changes in response to business needs or best practice development.
- Involved in shaping Aviva’s external disclosures under IFRS 17 and providing external reporting subject matter expertise to projects and M&A.
- Understanding key risks and controls in respect of Operational Risk and Control Model and ensure effective operation and documentation of controls
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Strong experience in financial services listed plc external financial reporting.
- Strong financial/regulatory reporting and accounting skills with experience of life reporting (life role).
- Strong financial/regulatory reporting and accounting skills with experience of general insurance reporting (general insurance role).
- Environmental Social and Governance reporting experience ideal.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable post qualification experience in external reporting.
- Excellent analytical review skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and with the ability to communicate across all levels and across different geographies.
- Proactive, highly organised and a strong team player.
What will you get for this role?
- Between £70,000 - £100,000 depending on skills, experience, qualifications & location
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.