Head of Group External Regulatory Reporting
Aviva Plc are now looking for a Head of Group External Regulatory Reporting to join their Group Finance External Reporting Team.
The Group Finance External Reporting Team is principally responsible for delivery of the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements for Aviva Plc, associated with the annual reporting, interim half-year results and quarterly business performance, and for developing key supporting insights for the Board and Executive Committees on those results.
The key outputs for the team include the Annual Report and Accounts, half-year financial statements, Quarterly Interim Management Information, Environmental Social and Governance reporting, Quarterly Quantitative Reporting Templates, Financial Stability Templates, Annual Solvency Financial Condition Report, and Regulatory Supervisory Report and ad-hoc public financial disclosures.
In addition, the team is responsible for delivering the internal reporting requirements of Aviva Group Centre legal entities and their respective statutory reporting. The key deliverables for the legal entities within Aviva Group Centre include the plan, forecasting and other internal reporting and statutory reporting for the entities.
The Head of Group Regulatory Reporting will be responsible for the delivery of Group Regulatory reporting and the reporting requirements of Aviva Group Centre legal entities and provides an oversight to the review and challenge to Aviva’s General Insurance financial results.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Leading the oversight, review and challenge of our General Insurance business financial performance across Markets and support the Group Executives to deliver finance strategic objectives.
- Leading the oversight, review and challenges of Group Solvency II and other Regulatory Reporting, prepared by Aviva onshore shared service centre, across reporting cycles during the year.
- Leading the oversight and review of Aviva’s cost reporting, including preparation of annual plan, quarterly forecasts and reporting monthly actuals.
- Leading the oversight, review and challenges of the Aviva Group Centre internal (planning, forecasting and actuals) and statutory reporting of all legal entities under Aviva Group Centre.
- Drafting, reviewing and quality assuring governance papers, including Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee and legal entity boards.
- Reviewing and challenging of reported numbers; bringing business knowledge and sound accounting judgement in ensuring the equality and robustness of reported numbers.
- Driving the development of key disclosures, including planning for changes in response to business needs or best practice development.
- Working closely with other Finance Heads of on the process and system improvements for group regulatory reporting and AGC reporting.
- Understanding of our competitors and peers alongside our Group Strategy to develop how we shape our future external and regulatory reporting.
- Leading the relationship with external auditors in respect of Regulatory and Aviva Group Centre reporting.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Strong experience in financial services listed plc external financial reporting in general insurance.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable post qualified experience in external reporting.
- Excellent financial/regulatory reporting and accounting skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and with the ability to communicate and present complex issues simply across all levels and across different geographies.
- Ability to challenge senior leadership and the status quo where appropriate.
- Strong team management and people skills.
- Excellent analytical review skills.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.