Senior Security Threat Analyst
Aviva is looking for a Senior Security Threat Analyst to join its Cyber Operations team covering the entire UK and Aviva Investors Estate. You will join a team of 3 other Security Threat Analysts responsible for incident response, when not responding to incidences you will be focused on improving our detection capabilities, performing analysis of alerts and threat hunting to detect malicious activity. You will report directly to UK Cyber Operations Lead.
Location: Aviva is Covid compliant with employees working remotely. Post-Covid you will have the option to be based at our London or Bristol office.
Key aspects of the role: What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the role?
- Responding to tier 3 incidents raised by the Global Security Operations Centre for the UK and Aviva Investors markets
- Development of new detection content for EDR, SIEM and other platforms from open source research
- Hunting for malicious and anomalous activity across multiple platforms and toolsets
- Responding to and participating in red-team and purple-team exercises
- Collaborating closely with third party suppliers to offer guidance and understand impact to Aviva if a cyber incident occurs
- Involvement in ongoing cyber projects where required
- Creation and maintenance of detailed process documentation
- Ongoing collaboration with GSOC and global security teams
- Support an out of hours on call rota
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing incidents and working through incident response lifecycle
- Quantifiable experience in threat hunting and instant response
- Experience of creating custom detections or correlations rules in SIEM platforms and EDR tools
- Experience of using a variety of security tools, including EDR, SIEMs, Proxies, Email Gateways, WAFs, IDS, and Cloud Security tools
- Understanding of or hands-on experience in C2 frameworks (Covenant, Meterpreter, Cobalt Strike)
- Holds GCIH, OSCP, GCFE or working towards achieving or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience in programming/scripting (Python or PowerShell desirable)
- Understanding of MITRE ATT&CK framework (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Able to work independently or as part of a team with experience of remote working.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generously defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions. The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview. We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you. We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Samuel Whitehouse a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Samuel.t.whitehouse@Aviva.com. As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.