Regional Professional Indemnity/Technology Senior Underwriter
The Aviva Regional Speciality Lines team are now looking for a strong Professional Indemnity Senior Underwriter to lead the growth of our packaged Technology Proposition. This is a new role built to broaden our regional capability as we continue to grow our Financial Lines Offering targeting Regional Brokers.
The role can be based anywhere in the UK (although the main team are based in Manchester), but we operate flexibly and would expect you to spend your time in the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with customer demand (i.e. branch, home or broker location).
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Leading the development of our UK Financial Lines account at Aviva primarily through Regional Brokers with a specific focus on growing a Technology book
- Driving new business through strong market relationships by trading and providing a first-class service to our customers/brokers
- Acting as an ambassador for Aviva promoting and growing business at industry and external professional levels
- Building relationships internally while being confident and capable of dealing with all levels, from Executive to Underwriting Assistants
- Being the team’s technical expert acting as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced members
Skills & experience required:
- Detailed knowledge of Professional Indemnity with strong underwriting experience - ideally having knowledge of the full package of covers offered under a typical Technology Proposition e.g. Management Liability, Crime and Cyber
- ACII or similar qualification
- Experience of leading and following co-insured business and dealing with re-insurance
- Background of managing and the continual development of an E-trade platform
- Robust ability to apply underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures
- Experience of being responsible for own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace
- An understanding of portfolio profitability – using this to optimally trade and support the Manager in delivering team financial performance
To learn and undertake all duties appropriately, our training programme will help you to make an immediate impact on our business, helping you to build your business knowledge, develop professional skills and grow effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.