Risk & Governance Manager
Aviva currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Risk & Governance Manager to join the New Business Trading team.
You will be responsible for day-to-day first-line risk and compliance oversight of the Direct business from new business through to renewal.
Assisting with 1st line Risk & Governance activity in the PL Retail business by supporting business owners and stakeholders in delivery of any projects/changes required, including being first point of call for any risk and governance queries.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Providing clear risk and governance guidance to stakeholders to support delivery of business priorities
- Supporting regular maintenance and assessment of CORR risks and controls in iCare
- Using and understanding of iCare risk management systems
- Providing Governance and Risk Management in the 1st Line to maximise the likelihood of business goals being achieved and to reduce the probability of failure
- Risk and loss event identification, management, resolution and reporting
- Assisting with any UKD reporting/collation of data for input key UKD forums such as ExCo, ERC through efficient and organised management of the aforementioned oversight forums
- Engaging with both internal and external stakeholders on all risk and governance matters – covering UKD 1st line and 2nd line risk teams, internal audit, UKI risk teams, Legal, data governance, operations, complaints
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Preferable qualification in Risk Management (certified, diploma etc)
- Previous experience in a risk and compliance role in a general insurer is required
- Knowledge of Financial Services market and regulatory framework
- Knowledge of the Personal Lines business area and related product suites
- Problem solving and analytical skills to identify the root cause and resolve performance blockages
- In depth knowledge of regulation within financial services sector covering FCA regulation, FCA handbook/ICOBS.
- Data governance including GDPR regulation and guidelines.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.