Internal Audit Manager
We are currently seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join our Group Centre Internal Audit team based at any of our Bristol, London, Norwich or York offices including flexible working from home patterns.
We have vacancies for talented individuals with experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, and controls assurance activities.
Internal Audit’s purpose is to help the Board and executive management to protect the assets, reputation, and sustainability of Aviva by challenging the effectiveness of the framework of controls which enable risk to be assessed and handled. We also remain passionate about action to deliver any needed risk and control improvements.
Overall responsibilities for all the roles
You will have an understanding of those risks and controls critical to Aviva, be curious, have good relationship skills with the ability to influence management and motivate change. In this position, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Under the guidance of the Head of Internal Audit and working with colleagues to plan and execute audits to a high quality to provide audit assurance and insights over the highest risks facing Aviva.
- Communicate and report to the relevant stakeholders the assessment of the effectiveness of the framework of controls, root causes and culture.
- Stakeholder and relationship management at a senior management level within the business.
- Support the production of objective, concise and insightful audit reports.
- Own the interaction with business management for issue tracking to support Internal Audit’s validation of closure.
- Support the reporting to internal audits key stakeholders (e.g. Audit Committees, Risk Committees, Board Committees, etc) and through these influencing management actions to deliver a more effective controls framework.
- Support the transformation and continual improvement of the Internal Audit function.
Skills and experience we’re looking for
- Strong audit or practitioner experience relating to risk management, governance, regulation, ESG or people and culture.
- Experience of working in an insurance or relevant financial services function, audit firm or UK regulator.
- Audit Professionalism – internal audit skills and methodological application (planning, business analysis, risk, control evaluation, testing and reporting).
- Experience in delivering complex assignments, working within teams and collaborating across them, negotiation situations and interacting with key stakeholders.
- Professional audit or accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, CIA or equivalent) or equivalent experience required
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.