Junior Actuarial Analyst
Aviva UK are currently recruiting for a junior Actuarial Analyst to join our wonderful Product Governance team. The role works alongside 2 growing teams that are heavily involved in our Proposition and Products area - ensuring Aviva pension products remain compliant, of high quality, meeting customer and commercial needs.
This team encompasses a wide range of upcoming work and projects – and this individual will be able to get involved in diverse processes – leading to lots of personal diagonal development in Aviva. You’ll engage in thought-provoking calculations and model creation – as well as pension product and platform support – while always putting our clients first and being reinforced by our team and resources.
Aviva introduced “smart-working” in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable travelling to one of our UK offices (York, Sheffield, Dorking, etc) every month.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Supporting the product team and work across the workplace savings and retirement cell to manage the products, literature and product governance
- Delivering fair and timely outcomes for customers impacted by Product Governance Issues
- Investigating potential issues on our pension platforms
- Developing calculations and actuarial models to improve impacted products
- Helping develop solutions to complex customer impacting issues
- Assist in the delivery of Product Governance solutions by working with others both internal and external to the team
Skills & experiences required:
- Strong numeracy skills and knowledge of actuarial techniques
- Robust analytical skills, with a capability to interpret data and suggest bespoke approaches to sophisticated problems
- Proven track record of using Excel skills on commercial or insurance data
- Strong communication skills, and a desire to work with customers effectively
Desirable experience/skills (but not needed):
- Good understanding of unitised pension products or other unitised products
- An understanding of risks and how to mitigate them
- Experience of VBA and/or MS Access
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808 287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.