Sales Consultant - Midlands
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Consultant with broker experience to be part of our Aviva Broker Community Team.
Aviva Broker Community was established in October 2018 to turbocharge our business with smaller insurance broker relationships. We believed it was a significant growth opportunity for General Insurance and so it has proved with £85m growth since launch. But there’s still lots more potential, we need people like you to showcase all the great things Aviva is doing for our customers, inspire and work closely with our brokers.
The role will be ideal for you if you have experience of working within the general insurance industry either with brokers or in underwriting.
This is a typical field-based position with a company car provided. We are looking for a Consultant within the Midlands Region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with around 70 general insurance brokers, seeking opportunities for growth. You’ll learn to understand their business and motivations, taking a consultative approach to find solutions for their customers.
- Daily discussions with underwriters and other stakeholders to deliver the best of Aviva every day.
- Connect our wide-ranging expertise to wide ranging opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a clear contact strategy, grow and manage a substantial pipeline of opportunities, manage broker performance, risk and broker conduct in a structured way.
Skills & Experience required:
- Able to establish rapport and build relationships quickly and easily.
- Creative and love designing solutions for business opportunities and issues, always with the customer in mind.
- Curious and analytical, tenacious, personally motivated, resilient and thoughtful.
- Experience of working within the general insurance industry either with brokers or in underwriting.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to £30,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 07393469953 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.