Senior Security Engineer - SME
This role forms part of the Global Cyber Security Engineering Team; working within the wider Global CISO (Chief Information Security Office) business unit. Your main responsibilities will be to design, deploy, manage, and maintain the SIEM infrastructure as well as support of the wider Security Engineering team and Aviva’s business units - reporting directly to the Global Security Engineering Lead.
The role will require flexibility across all time zones as it involves engagement with colleagues from all locations of the global Aviva business.
Aviva is Covid compliant with employees working remotely, post-Covid you will be based from our Norwich, Bristol, York, or London office with some travel to other Aviva locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to tickets and incidents from the Global Security Operations Centre
- Ownership of Engineering incidents and alerts, chasing third-party suppliers and escalation where required
- Support the Global CISO business engagement model via direct dialogue with specialist areas/individuals that support security control operations
- Ability to manage own time and schedule to deliver the service
- Ability to support out of hours on-call service
- Support the assessment of security control operations across business lines and third-party suppliers
- Analysis of management information and delivery of onward reporting
- Apply and test any emergency security patches to the monitoring solution and/or dependencies in a timely and tested fashion
- Automate general operational tasks where possible (certificate renewals, patching agents, etc.)
- Optimize performance of the monitoring solution as a whole between major releases
- Continuous planning / roadmap for features / enhancements / future state etc
- Last escalation point before speaking to the vendor
- Support consolidation of logging and monitoring solutions into one platform
- First line of escalation for runtime issues in production
Skills & Experience Required:
- Architecture and delivery of solutions experience
- Automation deployment and testing experience
- Good communication & stakeholder management skills
- SIEM architecture, deployment and run operations
- Linux operating systems
- Network protocol knowledge
What we offer:
- A competitive salary upto £80,700 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please email our recruiter, Samuel Whitehouse, at Samuel.t.whitehouse@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.