We're looking for a Platform Leader with Snr Java development experience to join our team, take ownership of a series of some 20+ java applications that support key customer journeys like Quote and Buy, and Specialist Finder, directing our customers to the very best medical care.
You'll work with a community of peers across different technologies. You'll be leading the Java development team who are predominantly located offshore and will be instrumental in defining standards for the team and a future roadmap for the platform to ensure that we continue to innovate and accelerate our capabilities to deliver not only excellent service, but also market leading propositions and capabilities for our customers.
Essential experience & skills:
- Confident and dynamic leader, excellent thought leadership, influencing and communication skills
- Java development experience including Spring Framework & Hibernate
- Confidence and experience to define coding and monitoring standards and measure their performance
- Experience with SOAP & REST
- AWS technologies e.g. EC2 / ASG, RDS, Subnets / Security Group’s, KMS etc - AWS certification preferable
- Experience with working as/leading a DevOps team
- Release Pipelines (Jenkins / XL Release)
- TDD (Junit)
- Source Code Analysis (SonarQube/CheckMarx)
- Infrastructure-as-code tools (such as Terraform and Packer)
- Experience working with a GIT based version control system
- Long history of working in/with Agile teams (Scrum), preferable certified Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Prior experience working with Offshore development teams
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with containers (Docker / Kubernetes) and serverless computing (eg. Lambda)
- Experience running, configuring and maintaining multiple JBoss environments
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generously defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please contact our recruiter, Samuel Whitehouse, at email@example.com.
As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.