BPA Senior Quotation Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join our BPA Deal Team. You will be working with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, on a portfolio of high-value transactions and have a real opportunity to make a difference for our clients who are seeking to de-risk their defined benefit pension scheme.
We are looking for new talent to develop and implement de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, collaborating across the wider Aviva network to deliver compelling, commercial results for the client and Aviva. We expect the applicants to be highly motivated individuals with the drive to challenge and influence what we do and ensure we meet our goals.
Aviva is a Covid compliant employer with employees working remotely, post-Covid you will be required to work out of our London or York office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting Deal and Pricing Managers in the development and implementation of de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes. The role holder will work across a range of pension scheme sizes, with the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most complex transactions in the market
- Ensuring cashflow projections are accurately modelled and deal prices are accurate and commercially priced in line with Aviva pricing and governance processes and delivered to agreed timescales
- Applying technical and commercial judgement in establishing the scheme benefits and deal price (and related information) and provide supporting analysis/commentary to Deal and Pricing Managers
- Maintaining and helping to develop ongoing relationships with clients (including face to face meetings as required)
- Supporting the preparation of internal governance documentation and presentation materials
- Work with different parts of the business to develop Aviva’s proposition and create effective solutions, to include, Aviva Investors, Risk, Pricing, Reporting and Structuring and Reinsurance
- Challenging, influencing and developing processes and systems
- Developing junior analysts through day-to-day guidance, training, coaching and demonstration of high standards / excellent behaviours
- This role will require flexible working hours due to the nature of this business
Skills & Experience required:
- Nearly/newly qualified actuary making excellent progress through the exams or equivalent actuarial/technical experience
- Strong knowledge of UK Defined Benefit pensions and legislation
- Specific experience of bulk annuity modelling an advantage; more general knowledge of actuarial cash flow modelling and experience of sense checking essential
- Proven ability to apply technical actuarial and commercial judgement
- Experience of coaching junior team members an advantage
- Strong communication skills; ability to present technical information clearly and build relationships with internal stakeholders/external customers
- Strong personal drive; to challenge and influence processes and ensure we deliver great outcomes for clients
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Successful applicants who are actively studying for IFoA Actuarial Exams will be eligible for study support
- Generously defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please contact our recruiter, Samuel Whitehouse, at email@example.com.
As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.