Content Designer - Savings & Retirement
We are recruiting for a Content Designer to join our Savings & Retirement Team within Aviva.
The team is a shared service across general insurance (GI), life and protection, savings and retirement (S&R), as well as supporting brand and corporate responsibility teams. Sitting under the S&R CMO, we’re part of the wider, newly established marketing excellence team.
The team includes SEO content analytics, content marketing, production, content design and AEM producers to cover the end-to-end process of creating digital content for personal and business pages on aviva.co.uk.
As a Content Designer, you’ll work closely with the S&R team to generate primarily written content for the website, MyAviva, digital marketing and email. Content should drive engagement and conversion both on aviva.co.uk and across all marketing channels including display, social and search.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write and edit helpful, educational, and emotive content for optimising product pages.
- Simplify and communicate complicated financial products to make them easy for our customers to understand.
- Work with design, UX and analytics teams to optimise content for conversion and customer experience.
- Build strong working relationships with marketing, risk and legal teams to ensure digital content is delivered in line with appropriate regulatory, legal, product technical and brand guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to improve and simplify existing copy on site or in key marketing channels.
- Adhere to live or virtual (e.g., Jira) Kanban board processes and keep updated as required.
- Author and on occasion publish content on Adobe Experience Manager content management system (training provided).
Skills & Experience required
- Previous experience in a copywriting or editing role.
- Experience of writing B2C content.
- Ability and willingness to build knowledge of complex financial services products quickly.
- Experience using and managing Content Management Systems, Adobe or similar would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in web, publishing and/or digital marketing environments.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £30,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0739346995 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.