Aviva is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing Cloud Platform team. You will be responsible for the technical development of existing programs, analysing and identifying areas for modification, ensuring quality of code and that changes to the Platform are aligned with Aviva standards.
Key aspects of the role:
- Engineering a Global Cloud Platform for a Financial institution
- Identify, design and implement service improvements
- Involved in the analysis of Platform needs and define technical specifications
- Champion process improvements, embedding new ways of working, focus on driving up the quality of deliverables and the way we operate within the platform
- Promote and evolve Engineering Practice, proposing innovative solutions or alternative approaches to difficult issues
- Understand the challenges of implementing cutting edge cloud technology and agile principals
- Acutely capable of using your first-class engineering discipline and experience to truly solve business problems and not create new ones
- Comfortable working in a regulated industry that places a high level of emphasis of control, procedures and standards
- Be a first-class communicator and collaborator. Can you communicate, discuss and champion great ideas with a team spanning multiple locations?
- Have a cloud-first, DevOps/SRE mindset. Can you be pragmatic and realistic?
- Experience of using a major cloud platform (preferably AWS) and at scale
- Proficient at coding in infrastructure orientated languages such as Bash and Python
- Ability to learn new tooling
- Experience of using Infrastructure as code e.g. Ansible, Terraform
- Strong experience administrating Linux or Windows
- Knowledge of Application Support and Development processes, standards and associated techniques including continuous integration, test driven development, behaviour driven development
- Agile mindset and working practice
What we offer:
- A competitive salary starting at £32,500, depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please contact our recruiter Samuel Whitehouse via email at email@example.com.
As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.