Senior Manager, Group Capital Management
An opportunity has arisen at Aviva for a Senior Actuarial Manager, you will be responsible for driving the enterprise-wide strategy, planning, analysis and management of capital, cash and value at Aviva. In addition, you will play an integral role, as part of the Capital Management team, in facilitating capital usage decisions on behalf of the Board, ExCo, CEO and CFO with a view to optimise the Group capital position and support sustainable long-term growth - reporting directly to the Group Capital Management Director.
Aviva is a Covid compliant employer with employees working remotely, post-Covid the successful candidate will be based out of our London office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identification and analysis of opportunities to improve value, capital and cash generation across the Group’s markets
- Supporting advice on capital, cash, and value on M&A and strategic initiatives
- Leading and contributing commercial insight to capital allocation, forecasts, plans, MI and stress testing
- Analysis of the group’s resilience to specific risks and stress events, and management actions available
- Ongoing liaison, coordination and relationship building with business unit capital management and Group teams
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified actuary or accountant
- Good understanding of Solvency II
- Insurance industry and capital management experience
- Multi-disciplinary – including accounting, actuarial, project skills, capital management, corporate finance
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills underpinned by a commercial outlook and a good understanding of corporate finance
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside senior management
- Good communication (oral & written) & inter-personal skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualification
- Generously defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please contact our recruiter, Samuel Whitehouse, at email@example.com.
As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.