Head of Brand Activation
Given our ambitious growth plans we are looking for a creative and collaborative Head of Brand Activation for our UK Life Savings & Retirement business. You will build and lead a team to implement a comprehensive brand strategy to raise the profile of Aviva as a provider in these categories. You will work with cross-functional colleagues, agencies and partners to ensure optimal outreach and success, reporting directly to the Life, Savings & Retirement Chief Marketing Officer.
- Translate the Aviva Masterbrand into a long-term brand strategy for Aviva UK Life, Savings & Retirement
- Lead the development and implementation of large-scale integrated campaigns to deliver brand objectives
- Support the Life, Savings & Retirement business lines to achieve their goals through the delivery of effective marketing, including B2B and B2C activity
- Build and maintain relations within Aviva including Group brand, marketing teams in other UK business units, channel delivery teams and internal communications
- Coordinate with the internal insight and marketing effectiveness teams and external media planning agency to implement data-led improvements in marketing spend
- Lead a cross-functional agency team to deliver effective briefing, feedback and ongoing engagement
- Provide personal development support and coaching to build a high-performing team
- Lead all aspects of budgeting to optimise marketing investment
Our ideal candidate
- Proven experience in brand management for large blue-chip organisations
- Experience in Financial Services preferable
- Strong strategic thinking and experience in delivering effective brand strategy
- Record in delivering and executing impactful and innovative campaigns across multiple channels
- Ability to understand and leverage data to make informed marketing decisions, set success metrics and measure results
- Proven experience to influence expectations, secure consensus, and get alignment
- Verbal and written communication skills with senior stakeholder management experience
- Ability to think creatively and execute analytically
- Potential and desire to progress to more senior marketing leadership
What we offer
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Opportunity to be home based 2-3 days a week with expectation to travel to London on other days
- Generously defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions!
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Samuel Whitehouse a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.