Our UK General Insurance business is now looking for a strong underwriting professional to join our Motor and Property Liability underwriting team. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in the largest Insurance company in the UK.
As an Underwriter with Aviva, you’ll provide an outstanding service to our customers/brokers. You’ll drive new business and professional relationships, directly contributing to the underwriting profit and loss, trading and service delivery goals. Acting as an ambassador for Aviva in the industry you’ll promote and grow business at industry and external professional level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, build and strengthen positive relationships with aligned customers/brokers, providing technical support and dealing with all queries
- Influence key contacts in the marketplace through business development and customer engagement
- Understand what matters to customers/brokers to provide the right solution and deliver the best outcomes that reflect the Aviva underwriting strategy and values
- Act as a role model, provide mentoring and share ideas to contribute towards continued capability improvement in our business
- Understand the purpose and measures of the digital trading system and improve efficiency to eliminate waste for the customer
- Identify and implement any required improvements to underwriting quality and capability
Skills & Experience
- You will already have good underwriting expertise in one or more of the following: Property Liability or Motor insurance
- You have experience in applying underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures
- You can take responsibility for your own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment
- You possess excellent business development/customer engagement skills
- Your communication (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills are second to none
- You're able to apply the core principles of insurance to everyday situations e.g. advising on the scope of policy cover, risk management strategy, identifying potential claims and arranging insurance that will meet customer needs
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 07500 087 919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.