Field Trading Consultant
An opportunity has arisen at Aviva for a Field Trading Consultant to join our award-winning sales team. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Our consultative approach to winning & retaining customers is down to our highly motivated sales professionals, they are passionate about delivering the best possible outcomes for customers within a fully compliant risk & governance environment and we hope you are, too.
Aviva is a Covid compliant employer with employees working remotely, post-pandemic the successful candidate will be London based.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver cost effective, scalable distribution for Individual Private Medical Insurance, Small Group Private Medical Insurance and any other product deemed appropriate
- Support Regional Sales Managers by implementing a strategic business plan with each intermediary to meet business objectives and will contribute to product development through feedback and analysis
- Contribute to the Intermediary Sales distribution plan by improving contact strategy through multi-contact, face to face business development/account management and will produce and analyse monthly MI to effectively performance manage intermediaries
- Have account management experience along with sharp business development ability; demonstrating success in a target led environment
- Have a strong work ethic and strong customer focus, you'll put yourself in our customers shoes ultimately pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved
Skills & Experience:
- Has significant account business development experience
- Is a confident and articulate presenter
- Is analytical and skilled in Excel
- Can think creatively and laterally
- Has Private Medical sales experience (desirable)
- Has natural consultative skills
- Has strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Can listen and reason empathetically
- Is naturally curious and can identify improvements with a positive can-do attitude
- Can deliver superb customer service
- Has a deep understanding of the risk & governance regulations
- Enjoys a challenge where no two days are the same
- Enjoys negotiating with intermediaries and making decisions based on data, as well as challenging the status quo
- Is strong at building relationships & external networks
- Is collaborative & can build positive relationships with colleagues
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please contact our recruiter, Samuel Whitehouse, at email@example.com.
As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.