Professional Indemnity Underwriter
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our London office to join a growing and dynamic underwriting team. We are actively recruiting for a PI Underwriter in the Global Corporate Speciality business.
In this role, your key duties are as follows:
- You will be responsible for underwriting profitable business within a specific area, operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels
- Regularly engage with our strategic business partners to actively pursue opportunities for profitable growth through new business and focus on renewal retention, in line with team and GCS targets
- Build /develop rapport and long- term relationships with internal stakeholders and key insured corporate clients
- Act as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues
Skills, knowledge & experience we would like to see:
- Detailed underwriting knowledge within relevant product line across various professions
- Experience of applying underwriting knowledge to effectively support processes/procedures
- Highly motivated individual with experience of being responsible for own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits
- Ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interpret data
- Extensive product knowledge and market awareness
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace
- Knowledge and ability to coach and guide less experienced underwriters in own team and wider teams
- Strong communication skills
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.