We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Underwriter to join our Engineering team.
This is an underwriting and development role – underwriting Engineering covers, dealing with London GCS and London SME/Mid-Market City and International Brokers.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Underwriting – new, MTA and renewal businesses, growing the book with a focus on profitability
- Managing broker and client relationships
- Managing key internal relationships e.g. SME team, Corporate Property, CRM
- Adhoc reporting duties to Hof
- Gathering market feedback to assist in reviewing and shaping the Engineering strategy
- Strong adherence to Risk & Governance controls and internal processes
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of underwriting Engineering covers
- Experience with both SME & Corporate clients
- Broker facing experience
- Ideally London based or willing to travel to London office as required
- Organised and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.