We have started the search for a Reinsurance Consultant to join the CTU team to support the placement of Aviva’s commercial reinsurance treaties.
The CTU team have traditionally led on the production of the renewal packs for the larger treaties such as the Property Per Risk and Casualty treaties. Going forward, CTU will also now take on the role to oversee and project manage the production of the renewal packs for the smaller treaties such as Cyber & Professional Lines.
In addition, the CTU team will provide support and oversight to ensure all mid-term requirements such as bordereau submissions are fulfilled. In order to fulfil this additional work coming into CTU, we are seeking to recruit a Reinsurance Consultant into the team.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Overseeing and project managing the production of renewal packs to support the placement of Aviva’s reinsurance treaties. This will include:
- Ensuring relevant exposure and claims data is extracted from Aviva systems and formatted correctly to meet Group Reinsurance team requirement
- Preparing renewal commentary – gaining input from the relevant business subject matter experts where necessary
- Gaining all relevant signoffs before releasing the renewal packs to the Group Reinsurance Team
- Providing support and oversight to any mid-term reporting requirements attaching to our reinsurance treaties e.g. exposure and claims bordereau reporting
- Providing support and oversight to the purchase of facultative reinsurance where required for SME and any other areas of the business that require it. This will include various reporting requirements throughout the year together with the maintenance of the appropriate fac logs
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience with managing tasks or projects and delivering to deadlines
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams – particularly within GCS underwriting
- Familiar with differing reinsurance structures and programmes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – particularly Excel & Word
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £40,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.