Aviva UK are now looking for a Cloud Architect to join their team.
As a Cloud Architect, you will be a key member of the Cloud Centre of Excellence. This team provides governance, consultative, training, architectural, program and engineering support for Aviva’s customers' journey to the Cloud. Aviva support and encourage a collaborative approach to Cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success.
The Cloud Architects play a key role in designing and delivering innovative Cloud solutions to Aviva’s customers.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Designing Cloud solution architectures for applications targeted for Cloud
- Building and maintaining the Cloud governance and design framework
- Acting as the Technical Design Authority for applications migrating to Cloud, Cloud platform services, proof of concepts and Cloud technical evaluations
- Writing and maintaining guidance and content for the various Cloud knowledge management wiki sites
- Providing Cloud consultancy, best practice and advice to internal customers and application teams
- Building and delivering training and education content
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in Cloud technologies and services, either AWS or Azure
- Experience or knowledge of Google and Oracle cloud is advantageous
- Experience in developing and designing Cloud solution architecture and designing target architectures for applications migrating to Cloud utilising Cloud services
- Expert communications and strong relationship/stakeholder management with negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience of building architecture patterns
- A good understanding of modern application architectures and their dependencies on the Cloud infrastructure platform
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.