Customer Services Consultant
Make HMRC your calling!
At HMRC we’re focused on getting tax right, for everyone.
We’re all doing our bit to make a difference, whether that’s helping customers pay their tax and claim financial support, or making it hard for the dishonest minority to cheat the system.
We couldn’t do all this without our dedicated and very important workforce. We’re one of the largest organisations in the UK, and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive working culture.
Are you great with people, helpful and enthusiastic?
If this sounds like you, then you could be just the Customer Services Consultant we’d be proud to employ at HMRC. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers, providing a first-rate service by phone, letter, email and webchat.
You’ll actively seek to resolve customer queries at the first point of contact where possible and use your brilliant communication skills to handle sometimes complex yet rewarding conversations. Don’t worry, you’ll get training on how to deal with any complex calls, our job is to support you whilst you help us support our customers.
As a Customer Services Consultant at HMRC, you’ll get real responsibility and opportunities to shine and develop your career with us. You’ll join a friendly and welcoming team and receive plenty of support to help you reach your potential.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given. It’s your enthusiasm, helpful manner and willingness to learn that we require. What we do ask however is that you feel comfortable with chatting on the phone, have good writing skills and are keen to help others.
- Our customer services centres are open 7 days a week 8am to 10pm and your working patterns will fall within these times.
- You’ll be employed on a 5 out of 7 contract, this means you'll be expected to work five days out of seven days covering various working patterns between 8am and 10pm, usually 37 hours per week.
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate:
- Great communication skills – both written and verbal
- Dedication to providing a brilliant service for our customers
- Ability to handle both enjoyable and fast-paced conversations
- Ability to provide information, quickly and clearly
- Can-do attitude and a real passion for supporting people
- Proficiency in maths and the ability to deal with basic calculations
We’re striving to be the best customer service organisation in the UK and we need fantastic people like you to help us achieve this.At HMRC, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.