Finance Data & Systems Actuarial Modelling Lead
Aviva UK are now looking to hire an Actuarial Modelling Lead – reporting in to our Finance Data & Systems Director. This is a position of high level within Aviva – this person will be championing the GI models across the business and will be responsible for end-to-end stakeholder engagement from IT to Business, CRO and the Chief Actuary. This role is accountable for leading all aspects of the methodology & designing, developing and supporting the GI actuarial models to ultimately enable business to achieve our strategic objectives and goals.
The Actuarial Modelling team is embedded within Finance Data and Systems and overall works very closely with our IT teams on platforms implementation, etc. This individual will direct a team of senior SME’s dedicated to the design, development and management of the actuarial models and intrinsic strategic initiatives, being hands-on themselves while dealing with the market and senior partners across 4 main pillars - methodology, modelling, strategy and governance.
We see this is as a heavily influential and involved position in Aviva, and there will be ripe opportunity to participate in our upcoming programme initiatives (like a large Capital Monitoring and Forecasting project) as well as help us focus on system sustainability and being a more lean organisation.
Aviva introduced “smart-working” in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable regularly travelling to our UK offices.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring the smooth running of day to day business, monthly governance, IT integration, and team administration
- Oversight of GI model implementation
- Ownership, management and completion of governance reviews, architecture, controls and certification
- Closely supporting and understanding our IT platforms, teams, development, implementation and best practice
- Leading and encouraging your team (circa 10 SMEs) – including coaching and mentoring
- Managing multiple and diverse tasks and projects - dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Information gathering and problem solving around relating to technical work, people, finance, and change implementations
Skills & experiences required:
- Extensive experience in GI modelling development and support
- Strong analytical capability of financial processes, practices and applications - the proven ability to draw insights from analysis and MI and solve sophisticated problems
- Collaborative and able to see the “big picture” – capacity to take a whole view of our business, to work with the right people to achieve goals across boundaries
- Qualified actuary
- Strong digital literacy and a good knowledge of relevant software
- Track record of explaining complex problems, building credible working relationships and influencing across business units
- Retaining a current knowledge of statutory, professional and industry standards governing professional financial matters
- Established background in identifying and delivering solutions to emerging issues, risks and opportunities
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808 287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.