Crime and Financial Lines Senior Underwriter
Aviva UK's Speciality Lines team are now looking for a strong Financial Lines (FL) Underwriter with a focus on Crime Insurance. This is a new role built to broaden our growing Crime and Financial Lines account, with specific focus on Commercial Crime.
The role will be based from our London office, but we operate flexibly and would expect you to spend your time in the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with customer demand (i.e. branch, home or broker location).
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their passion and potential of our goals and ambitions.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
As a Crime & FL Underwriter with Aviva, you’ll drive new business through strong market relationships by trading and providing a first-class service to our customers/brokers. You will act as an ambassador for Aviva promoting and growing business at industry and external professional level. You will need to build relationships internally and be confident and capable of dealing with all levels (from the Executive to Underwriting Assistants). This role will allow you to have input into the team’s technical coverage strategy and act as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced members of the team to drive continued capability improvement in our business.
You'll be encouraged to learn and undertake additional duties appropriately, with our training programme to help you to make an immediate impact on our business, building your business knowledge, developing professional skills and growing effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
Skills & experiences required:
- A detailed knowledge of Crime Insurance, with strong underwriting experience
- Good grounding in the other Financial Lines; Management Liability, Cyber and Professional Indemnity
- Leading and following co-insured business and dealing with re-insurance
- Managing and the continual development of an E-trade platform
- Ability to demonstrate and use an understanding of portfolio profitability
- Being responsible for underwriting caseloads within a regulatory environment
- Ability to analyse sophisticated information and draw out the relevant facts
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills to influence contacts in the marketplace
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.