Senior Data Governance Manager
Aviva UK are now looking to hire a Senior Data Governance Manager. The design and implementation of the Data Governance and Records Management requirements has been a fundamental focus for Aviva over the last 3 years. In light of our exciting, new Group Data strategy, existing Data Governance and Records Management governance, frameworks and BAU processes need to be reviewed and aligned for our future-state vision.
This requires a strong, technically skilled leader with the capability and foresight to understand the current state and help determine what the future of Data Governance and Records Management will look like for Aviva. A strategic problem solver who has the skills and experience to be able to build this vision and translate that into operational practices that meet the legal, regulatory and business requirements of Aviva – to be implemented into day-to-day processes.
As we focus on a strategy for how data governance is done in Aviva, this person will have a huge amount of influence and contact with deeply engaged stakeholders and the support/resources to shape this planned transformation.
As Aviva introduced “smart-working” in 2020, the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable regularly travelling to our offices (York, London, Bristol, Norwich).
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Supervising and advising the development of the Data Governance and Records Management strategy
- Designing and implementing the required improvements to the current Data Governance and Records Management frameworks
- Crafting target operating models
- Cultivating relationships between strategic partners such as CISO, IT, Risk, Audit and Customer, as well as key data contacts
- Managing and maintaining Aviva’s legal and regulatory Data Governance & Data Privacy registers
- Defining the business requirements to enable the transformation of registers from manual operation to technology supported operation – automating where possible
- Acting as the primary contact for specialist advice and guidance for the global business
Skills & experiences required:
- A strong track record of Data Governance and Records Management within the financial services industry
- Evidence of excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to empower and lead teams and programmes
- A background of using/implementing digital initiatives and modern technologies would be great to see
- Proven experience of engaging at Group level is preferred
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.