Customer Service Expert
We have exciting opportunities for Customer Experts to join us at Aviva in Glasgow. You will be part of a fast-paced team within an ever-changing environment. This role gives the successful candidate the opportunity to gain an understanding of the complex nature of our Pension products. The regulatory requirements which govern these products also provides exposure to HMRC and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules, giving you an insight into the regulatory aspects of the Pension business.
As a Customer Expert, you will be processing all customer and IFA requests, exceeding required service levels within a controlled environment and adhering to regulatory and client requirements and regulations.
Please ensure you have a suitably private working space at home and a strong WIFI signal so that training or working from home is an option during induction or due to COVID government restrictions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the servicing of all client accounts - including processing new business, transfers, general servicing and updates to client accounts
- Manage workload to ensure daily allocation is completed within service levels
- Ensure business added to the platform follows regulatory requirements
- Identify process improvements and share best practices
- Use global standard policies, procedures and tools
- Demonstrate ownership of queries and follow through to successful completion
- Operate within confidentiality and regulatory standards
- Support colleagues when required
- Support Lean/Systems Thinking Methodology
Skills & Experience required
- Financial Services/Platform experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Process improvement awareness
- Able to cope effectively with high volumes of work whilst maintaining an exceptional service level
- Relationship building skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Time management skills
- Experience of effectively managing own workload
- Ability to demonstrate experience and understanding of working within a Financial Services environment
- Understanding of controls and risk in a Financial Services environment
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and client money and client asset rules
- Ability to follow processes and procedures for the team
What will you get for this role
- Salary of £18,500 to £24,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
- We have a self-led learning culture, so you’ll have lots of scope to broaden your horizons
- Our opportunities for progression allow you to develop in the role at your pace, eventually excelling in the role to become one of our experts in department
- There are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to continue to progress their career and aspirations
- The opportunity to earn a bonus for doing a great job and going the extra mile
- A generous pension (we’ll put at least 8% minimum into your pot)
- Discounts on things like cinema tickets, groceries, clothing and electronics
- Volunteering days with your team, so you can give back together
- Discounted healthcare membership to help you take good care of yourself
On top of the nitty-gritty, we also give our colleagues the chance to be themselves. We’re proud to be different, so we want you to bring your whole self to work.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.