Actuarial Analyst - 12m FTC
Aviva UK are currently recruiting for an Actuarial Analyst to join us on a 12-month fixed-term (FTC) basis. The role-holder will report into our Senior Actuary function in a large, encouraging team.
This team plays a key role in supporting company projects which help our existing business policyholders – and is responsible for calculating and issuing essential rate factors for all Aviva UK Life With-Profits contracts (final bonus rates, market value reductions (MVRs), surrender/transfer value factors and estimated maturity values factors). The team also provides actuarial advice and product support to a broad range of customers both internally and externally.
We believe this to be a great opportunity to cement your actuarial career in an evolving role, backed with the support and resources of the UK’s number one insurer.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Performing calculations, updating the investment returns and benefits - within Excel
- Answering policyholder queries from various internal teams and third-party teams
- Maintaining and updating quotation systems owned by our team
- Manual calculation to determine accurate policy values and providing suitable wording for the customer
- Ensuring robust governance and controls on all work
Skills & experiences required:
- Proven track record of strong analytical skills with Excel
- Strong mathematical background – academic or otherwise
- Prior knowledge of basic actuarial techniques and knowledge of UK Life products
- A drive for high-quality customer focus with ownership and accountability
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.