Individual Pensions Administrator
We are recruiting for an Individual Pensions Administrator to join The Administration Team within Aviva.
The Pensions Administrator will be responsible for protecting our customers and Aviva by ensuring your activity prevents fraud and meets our legislative requirements.
The Pensions Administrator will work closely with other members of the team and offer support to help them learn and solve customer/broker issues.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Respond to email demand, driving first point resolution as much as possible.
- Build relationships to understand what the customer/broker really wants.
- Provide an excellent customer experience to internal and external customers on pension products within service level agreements and quality standards.
- Prioritise and manage workload to meet the varying needs of customers/brokers.
- Make decisions in the interests of customers which are properly balanced and reflect fair customer outcomes.
- Support & improve the way the work works by challenging the status quo.
Skills & experiences required:
- Regulatory experience: including conduct Risk, Money Laundering, Financial Crime or Data Protection would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the key lifetime events for customers and how this impacts them.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Effective organisation skills.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alice Neal in the Resourcing team on +44121 200 5926 or email@example.com.