Global Corporate Product & Proposition Manager
We are recruiting for a Global Corporate Product & Proposition Manager to join the Commercial Propositions and Insight Team within Aviva.
Aviva's Global Corporate and Specialty business provides brokers and large corporate clients with first-class, flexible and worldwide solutions across property, casualty, motor and specialty lines. Our underwriting, client, risk management and claims teams work to understand not just the detailed nature of the risk, but the true makeup of a client's business: the values, the people and the vision. Working together, we're able to provide tailor-made insurance packages that exceed expectations and make all the difference, in the UK and across the globe. GCS is specifically designed for corporate clients with a turnover of over £250 million or clients looking for specialty cover.
This role will support the Commercial Lines Global Corporate and Specialty and Mid-Market Proposition Leads to develop a comprehensive proposition roadmap for GCS and ensure that products and propositions are developed, managed and continue to provide value and align to regulatory expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic thinking of the overarching Global Corporate and Specialty delivery roadmap to drive sustainable, profitable growth across the plan period.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver new propositions or enhancements to market.
- Support new end to end proposition development, identifying the opportunities: establishing research needs: undertaking test and learns: building business cases, including gaining funding approval and change resource.
- Define customer needs through a deep understanding of the relevant socio-economic trends, customer research, broker and partner insights and front-line feedback to ensure the development of motivating headline propositions and go-to market strategies.
- Working with the wider product and propositions team to evaluate competitor activity and external market developments and communicate findings and recommendations to key stakeholders, making recommendations for improvement or withdrawal where appropriate.
- Lead and influence the delivery of Global Corporate and Specialty propositions e2e across technical underwriting and pricing, operations, sales, marketing, and distribution.
- Ensure all product and proposition activity aligns with internal and external regulatory requirements to deliver strong customer outcomes.
- Support, manage and approve all relevant marketing communication and campaign recommendations provided by the marketing team in response to submitted briefs to ensure that technical content requirement and business outcomes are achieved.
Skills & Experience required :
- Understanding of the UK general insurance and Global Corporate insurance market.
- Understanding of the General Insurance distribution market and dynamics.
- Understanding of the methodologies of developing and maintaining commercial lines products.
- Experience of developing new insurance propositions for SME or Corporate clients and delivering them to market.
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment relating to insurance companies and customers.
- Understanding of programme delivery and change management
- Experience in implementing change programmes considering both customer and risk & control.
- Understanding of relevant insurance or non-insurance marketplaces.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.