Aviva UK is now looking for a Pricing Manager to join our Global, Corporate & Speciality (GCS) Pricing Team. This position will report into our Senior Pricing Manager and will manage 2-3 team members with responsibility for specific lines of business.
Working closely alongside our underwriting teams, the Pricing Team is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of rating structures and rates for selected product lines. This assists in businesses growth aspirations and achieving great customer experiences including strategic portfolio management and large/sophisticated case pricing.
We believe this role will be suited to a nearly/newly qualified or highly experienced actuary working in commercial lines pricing (preferable the London market). As this team has a lot of upcoming project work on pricing platforms and an innovative focus on using advance analytics and machine learning more in pricing, we feel it's an exciting time to join us!
This team is mainly based in London, but we do have members of the team based in Perth. The role will ideally also sit in London but with Aviva's "Smart Working" initiative, this person can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they can travel to an Aviva office (London, Norwich or Perth) once a week.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Developing working relationships with our underwriters to ensure the technical pricing of risks is clearly understood
- Increasing the coverage of technical pricing across Global and Corporate Commercial accounts and expanding the footprint of actuarial pricing within Aviva
- Leading in supporting the quarterly reserving processes and working with the Underwriting teams to ensure understanding & transparency
- Adopting new risk cost models and presenting rate recommendations at senior forums
- Peer reviewing underwriting and pricing work - providing technical guidance
- Seeking out opportunities to introduce new & innovative pricing methodologies - simplifying our pricing processes and driving efficiency
Skills & experiences required:
- Knowledge of day to day pricing of Property, Liability, Specialty, Construction (Projects and latent defects), Marine & Engineering or Financial Lines
- Experience of the London market would be great to see
- Newly/Nearly Qualified Actuary and/or proven ability in the pricing and analysis of general insurance accounts
- Highly numerate and confident with extensive experience of analytical tools and techniques including but not limited to SQL, SAS, VB, R, Python
- Track record of coaching, line-managing and developing of team members/analysts
- Background of leading, challenging & influencing business decisions
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary starting from £68,000 - depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.