MI Developer & Data Analyst
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a data-driven professional to join our team as an MI Developer and Data Analyst within Aviva's Group Protection team. You will contribute to and be a vital part of the teams MI and Analytics strategy - providing valuable insight and analysis to our data and MI to enable the business to make informed operational and strategic decisions.
The MI and Data Analytics team support Group Protection (GP) with their operational MI, providing insight and understanding to all GP and external stakeholders covering distribution, market, customer and pricing.
As an MI Developer and Data Analyst, you will use various tools such as (MS Access, QLiksense and Business Objects day to day, so will ideally have previous experience using these and of common coding languages like SQL. You will also ensure a high level of quality in our data is maintained, build bespoke reports and seek out ways to improve and automate the production of MI. It is key to this role that you are able to quickly identify trends and can bring data to life through visualisations, whilst also providing data analytics to key stakeholders. You must be able to work closely with senior stakeholders and be able to build a rapport quickly - you will play a crucial role in delivering valuable information at a high level and to a high standard.
Whilst the team are based in Eastleigh and Norwich, location for this role is flexible - however, you will be required to travel and attend meetings at these sites fairly frequently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing and utilising tools to provide useful insight to the business using data sources
- Producing meaningful GP Management information, ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Using MI and data analysis to identify trends, patterns and algorithms and provide stakeholders with meaningful information
- Developing the correct tool set to produce and analyse data
- Supporting informed decision making on strategy and operational change through timely stakeholder communications and providing MI and data
- Building strong relationships and collaborative working across departments and teams
- Delivery of robust technology-based solutions
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of developing technology-based solutions in the MI & Data Analytics field using different tools (such as Hive, SQL, Power Query, Machine Learning, Python, Qlik Sense)
- Previous experience in coding
- Ability to find trends, patterns and algorithms within data
- Experience in gathering and extracting numerical data
- Ability to translate business issues/challenges into practicable solutions and present them in a clear and understandable way
- Relationship building, influencing and engaging skills
- Decision making on competing priorities
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, computer science, information technology or statistics is desirable but not essential
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £25,000-£35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.