Senior Pricing Analyst
Aviva UK now have an opening for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our Bulk Purchase Annuity (BPA) Deal Team. The role-holder will be working with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, on a portfolio of high-value transactions and have a real opportunity to make a difference for our clients who are seeking to de-risk their defined benefit (DB) pension schemes.
We believe this to be a striking opportunity because we are looking to develop new talent and implement de-risking solutions, collaborating across the wider Aviva network to deliver compelling, commercial results for the client and Aviva. We hope applicants will be highly motivated individuals with the drive to challenge and influence what we do and ensure we meet our goals.
This role will have the full support and resources of our BPA Deal Team. Aviva's recent BPA results have been very good. This area is growing and growing for us with lots of scope for individual growth and study support.
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and the person in this role can be based out of our York or London offices 3 days a week.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Supporting Deal and Pricing Managers in the development and implementation of de-risking solutions for DB pension schemes
- Working across a range of pension scheme sizes, with the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most sophisticated transactions in the market
- Ensuring cashflow projections are accurately modelled and deal prices are accurate and commercially priced
- Applying technical and commercial judgement in establishing the scheme benefits and deal price (and related information) and provide supporting analysis/commentary
- Maintaining and helping to develop ongoing relationships with clients (including face to face meetings as required)
- Supporting the preparation of internal governance documentation and presentation materials
- Working with different parts of the business to develop Aviva's proposition and build effective solutions, to include, Aviva Investors, Risk, Pricing, Reporting and Structuring and Reinsurance
- This position will require flexible working hours due to the nature of this business
Skills & experiences required:
- Robust knowledge of UK DB pensions and legislation
- Nearly/newly qualified actuary making progress through the exams or equivalent actuarial/technical experience
- General knowledge of actuarial cash flow modelling and experience of sense checking
- Specific experience of bulk annuity modelling would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills: ability to present technical information clearly and build relationships with internal/external customers
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.