We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Architect to join our innovative and tech-driven Architecture Team!
The team is part of the Global Architecture Team, they are passionate about the solutions they provide and work together to achieve admirable and exceptional solution outcomes. We would love for you to be as enthusiastic about defining end -to-end solutions for infrastructure change as we are!
You will be given the opportunity to craft end-to-end infrastructure solutions for key initiatives, projects and feature teams for Aviva. You will support, improve and promote the process and delivery of architecture across the organisation. By creating solution architectures that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service and security point of view. This is a great opportunity for you to deliver solutions that will progress the overall architecture journey that aligned to Aviva's IT strategy, along with maintaining Aviva's architecture repository with detailed information of Aviva's deployed infrastructure solutions and align with standards, design approaches and governance.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Create and articulate solutions and design for projects to meet Aviva's standards for technology and ensure they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions
- Work with Product Owners, Architects, Development and Infrastructure teams and other project colleagues to govern the competing perspectives between, long-term and short-term goals
- Be responsible for the integrity of the end-to-end technical solution, including transition states used to achieve the target state
- Shape and estimate IT initiatives and feature team sprints, ensuring that component parts deliver against business outcomes
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure long term strategic goals of Aviva IT are met, as well as short-term project needs
- Ensure you produce artefacts to support the stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering
- Peer review the artefacts of others - provide coaching, mentoring and training to less experienced team members as required
- Contribute to the Infrastructure Architecture community across Aviva Group, leading on or participating in initiatives to improve Aviva's approach to design
- Develop your own technical skills to support Aviva's appetite to understand and exploit emerging technology trends
- Recommend design solutions or ideas in response to challenges faced by your project or feature team in line with policy, process and other guidelines
- Be accountable for recommending change based on your experience, know-how and analysis
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Excellent architecture skills
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile)
- A wealth of broad technical experience within an infrastructure sphere, with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios
- Able to balance long-term direction and necessary short-term goals
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, to be able to provide technical guidance to peers and project colleagues
- Essential to have excellent stakeholder and relationship management
- Experience with leading on a variety of projects
- Experience of solution architecture and architecture methodologies e.g. TOGAF (desirable)
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform on key design decisions
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £55,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.