We have an exciting opportunity to join our SME Digital Trading Team as a Digital Underwriter!
The team is responsible for digital accounts covering both commercial motor and commercial business, along with building credible relationships with brokers and the direct market.
As the Digital Underwriter, you will be aligned to a portfolio of customers/brokers and be responsible for proactively developing our SME digital book of business. You will deliver excellent broker/customer experience and technical underwriting support in a fast paced multi demand channel environment.
This role could be ideal if you're seeking a fantastic opportunity to build a career in insurance as an underwriter within a fast-paced dynamic company! Full training will be provided, we are flexible with experience, but you will need to have exposure of working in a fast-paced environment - for example from a customer service, banking, insurance or contact centre background.
The role is based in Perth and working hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. Due to the nature of the role, virtual working is not viable at this time (blend of working from home may be available post training).
Responsibilities in the role:
- Responsible for underwriting profitable business whilst operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels
- Develop, build and strengthen relationships with aligned customers/brokers
- Understand what matters to the customer/broker and how that fits with our plans and strategies
- Influence key contacts in the marketplace through business development/customer engagement skills
- Identify and implement in a timely manner, required improvements to underwriting quality and capability
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Confident speaking and having difficult conversations with brokers
- Work independently, within underwriting authority, handling more complex risks and technical referrals from the team, conferring where appropriate
- Experience working in a team environment
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of between £17,500 - £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.