Job Title: Claims Advisor
Location: York or Bristol
Working Hours: Full time position - average of 35 hours a week. Shift patterns covering the hours of 08:00 - 18:00, Monday to Friday including some Saturdays.
Salary: Starting salary of £17,650 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. But for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining the Aviva Claims team, you'll have a vital role to play in a company that paid out £34.4 billion in claims and benefits last year to our customers globally.
We are seeking dedicated Claims Advisors who have a passion for providing exceptional customer service to join our Health and Protection team. You will provide support and information to customers and financial advisors regarding our protection products - policies for Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness policies that will provide cover to them and their loved ones when they need it most.
Successful candidates will need a positive approach to change, have commitment and drive as well as the desire to learn through initiative, ownership and judgment to seek the best resolution for all customer queries. Don't worry if you have no previous claims experience, as we will give you all the training you will need to support you in your journey to learn about our products and customers.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, returning to the office is under ongoing review in accordance with Government guidelines. As a result, you will be working from home until further notice. You must have an appropriate working area, good internet connection and mobile phone signal. We will provide all relevant IT equipment to enable you to work from home.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing inbound demand via telephone and email, acting as the first point-of-contact for customers and financial advisors
- Supporting and guiding customers throughout the claims process and resolving any complaints
- Proactively managing customer expectations via their preferred method of communication
- Working competently and confidently using in-house systems
- Seeking out opportunities to recommend improvements to processes to support efficiency and cost effectiveness, whilst enhancing the customer experience
- Working within a regulated environment, keeping up-to-date with all regulatory requirements to maintain a service in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensuring irregularities are reported and recorded immediately to form part of monthly reporting
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous customer service experience, either face-to-face or over the telephone
- Experience of working within an office environment is highly desirable, although strong experience within another professional customer-facing role would be considered
- Positive attitude and passion for meeting customers' demands
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions in a customer-focused team environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding, constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills with a working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good attention to detail
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary of £17,650 with pay progression steps in place and the potential to increase to £22,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Typically, our Claims Advisors will progress from the starting salary of £17,650 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.