Life Actuarial Audit Manager
Internal Audit at Aviva Ireland is transforming. Are you as passionate as we are about quality audit? Do you want to work as part of a highly effective, robust and influential team with a strong internal and external reputation? We are recruiting outstanding people, who see Audit as a meaningful training ground for Aviva's future business leaders, and we're currently looking for a Life Actuarial Audit Manager to join us in Dublin.
Internal Audit's purpose is to join the dots between risk and control and the execution of strategy to serve our customers. In this context, the Financial, Insurance and Model Risk Audit function provides meaningful and timely insights and thought leadership on emerging financial, insurance and model risks, in order to drive excellence, the management of these risks across Aviva.
What makes Aviva Internal Audit different?
We are One Team - working together as a diverse and inclusive global function.
We drive Professional Excellence in everything we do - blending internal audit ability and specialist actuarial skills with phenomenal communication, influencing and leadership.
We live Aviva's values - with a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people and are always looking to enhance our team.
The result is Quality Audit - clear, robust, independent and reliable opinions that are valued by business management and have a meaningful impact on Aviva's control environment.
What sort of people are we looking for?
It is the quality of our people that underpins the quality of our audits and the impact that we have in the organisation. We need a diverse range of people in order to deliver our dedication to quality and, whilst there are many ways to be successful in Aviva Internal Audit, our people share the following common qualities.
- Highly proficient in all aspects of communication and able to get messages across clearly and effectively, in both verbal and written form, in order to engage others and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to continually develop and manage internal and external relationships in delivering outcomes that all stakeholders understand
- A firm grasp of auditing and/or a detailed understanding of Life Insurance
- Understanding of insurance, financial and model risks with relevant technical expertise across one or more of pricing, underwriting, reserving, reporting, asset and liability management, capital and or liquidity risk management
- Perform audits related to financial, insurance and model risks, in collaboration with generalist auditors - this involves definition of audit scope and work program, technical and actuarial testing, report writing and communication with key stakeholders
- Participate in Ireland and Europe Finance Insurance and Model Risk audit plan definition
- Ensure quality business monitoring and stakeholder management regarding financial, insurance and model risks
We are looking for an actuary or nearly qualified Life actuary with experience in one or more of the following areas: product pricing and reserving, Solvency II, Economic Capital, Capital management, Risk management and/or IFRS.
- Be able to prioritise, rationalise, argument and defend your point of view
- Have a critical spirit, structured and well organised, curious and open minded
- Rigorous, good in analysing and synthesis
- Good communication and relation skills
Fitness and Probity
This is a regulated role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an on-going requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on (+44)121 234 7625 or Daniel.hopchet@Aviva.com .