Apprentice Commercial Lines Underwriter
- Do you enjoy facing a challenge and creating new solutions?
- Do you have a passion for embracing change?
- Do you want to know more about how we can use technology and data to support our customers?
- Would you like to achieve a qualification whilst earning a competitive salary and learning from some of the most skilled Underwriters in the Commercial Insurance market?
- Do you want to work for a company that prioritises wellbeing?
If so, a Commercial Underwriting Apprenticeship with Aviva could be just what you're looking for.
Our UK General Insurance business is looking for Apprentices to join the Commercial Lines area of the largest Insurance company in the UK.
As the UK's largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Underwriting teams are crucial to our success. We believe our Underwriting community is amongst the most talented and supportive in the market. We know that succession planning is critical in any business and that is why we want to keep investing in people development through Apprenticeships.
As an Apprentice Underwriter, you will build professional relationships working with our Broker community to secure new business and continue to provide tailored solutions to our existing customers. This will directly contribute to the underwriting profit and loss in your aligned region.
Where you'll be based:
Flexible working has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. With Aviva, you can expect a blend of both office and home working.
Our Apprentice roles will be offered in Perth, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Norwich, London, Worthing and Bristol.
- You're a natural problem solver who loves to learn new things
- You're enthusiastic and committed to learning
- You can work independently, within underwriting authority as well as working in a wider team
- You will be curious about our customers' needs and will work tirelessly to provide appropriate solutions
- You will have or be on track to achieve at least 2 A-levels or 3 Highers (Scotland) at grades C or above
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £17,650 (additional London allowance where work location dictates)
- A permanent role, right from the outset, where you'll be taught and developed from the ground up with real responsibilities
- Professional qualifications aligned to your role:
- Year 1: Level 3 Insurance Practitioner & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- Years 2 & 3: Level 4 Insurance Professional & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- Year 1: Providing Financial Services & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- Years 2 & 3: Modern Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services and Insurance Technical & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network
- A holiday allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to five additional days
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
The recruitment process:
We will assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process. The process itself involves:
- Making an online application - this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial CV screen, you'll be sent some online tests
- Pass these, and you'll be asked to complete a video assessment
- And if you do well in these, the next step is an online interview
- If you are successful then you will start in September!
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.