6 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity to work within the Aviva Ireland Life Function. We are looking to hire an Expense Manager for our Finance Business Performance Team.
The role will report directly to the Efficiency and Change Finance Business Partner, leading the end-to-end expense process as well as supporting the development of a cost-conscious culture across all Ireland Life Business Functions.
The role will also provide support across the wider Finance Business Performance team to ensure all FP&A and Internal MI activities are accurately and efficiently completed, for more exposure to the Finance Business Partnering role functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop a 3-year plan and quarterly forecasting models, reporting to Senior Stakeholders and Group level.
- Ability to develop and maintain a controlled and efficient expense process to help minimise risks by ensuring all audit and risk monitoring actions are closed against SLA's.
- Complete month-end expense reporting & MI using primarily Excel, PowerPoint and other systems.
- Review, challenge and analyse expenses and variances against Plan and Prior Year in order to sign-off on the accuracy of month-end figures.
- Assist the business in determining the appropriate allocation of expenses, as well as ensure all balance sheet items are reviewed on a monthly basis.
Skills & Experiences required:
- High attention to detail with an analytical and inquisitive mind-set.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Proven experience with stakeholder management.
- Extensive management and/or financial accounting experience.
- A robust Business Analyst background.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with post-qualification experience would be beneficial.
- Insurance Industry experience would be an advantage.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alannah Burgess in the Resourcing team on 020 8126 6415 or Alannah.Burgess@Aviva.com.