Funding Transactions Manager
Funding Transactions Manager
We have an exciting new role for a Funding Transactions Manager to join the Equity Release Commercial team. The role will focus on securing and transacting external funding for Equity Release assets, a substantial and fast-growing market where Aviva plans to build on its top three position and lead. To achieve this Aviva must seek funding to complement existing arrangements, and the role will be a key part of the growth plan.
You will join a newly formed multi-disciplinary team spanning Commercial Actuarial, Business Analytics, Property Economics and Funding. The team uses both Aviva's local skill base and external expertise to deliver high value projects to grow and improve the business, and you will act as a focus for execution of funding within that, alongside the Commercial Lead.
- Executes new funding arrangements.
- Manages the end to end on-boarding of new funders.
- Supports the disposal process for existing books of Mortgages.
- Ensures ongoing requirements for funder agreements are sustainable and affordable.
- Supports internal approval process.
- Builds positive external and internal relationships.
- Maintains effective communications with key internal/external parties.
- Undertakes risk management and monitoring for transactions.
Skills & Experience required:
We are looking for a strongly motivated manager with who can mobilise and execute funding deals. Although experience of similar roles would be an asset, individuals who can demonstrate strong aptitude in these areas, financial acumen and ability to learn are encouraged to apply.
- Experience of working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing complex projects to a deadline.
- A good understanding of investment principles and concepts, especially in the debt or mortgage markets.
- An active interest in building and developing internal and external networks.
- Results driven and able to work on and prioritise several tasks and deadlines.
- Organised and able to think ahead and overcome obstacles.
- Flexible and willing to try new ways of working.
- Strong risk awareness and diligence in identifying, measuring and monitoring transaction risks.
- Strong presentation and communication skills and competence across all Microsoft applications.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £60,000 - £70,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.