Cyber Project Manager
Aviva UK is now looking to hire experienced Project Managers for our Cyber Portfolio team. This team delivers a standard set of security tools and services globally to establish a baseline security capability across Aviva, focusing on integrated/complimentary solutions.
Our Project Managers manage a book of work taking into account everything from budget, technical risk, internal/external supplier relationships, management and delivery landmarks for end-to-end change assignments.
This is a special opportunity to join an influential team working across a large remit in Aviva, with all the resources and support we can provide and lots of scope to grow in our great company.
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and the person in this role can be based in either our Norwich or Bristol offices, with flexible working options.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Leading the delivery of solutions which support and improve the IT architecture and operate within business service levels and standards
- Deploying Change Management Business Standard requirements (ensuring a focus on quality and timely delivery and operate within the appropriate standards)
- Proactive management of fit-for-purpose delivery methodology, timely gating submissions and supporting project documentation
- Effective governance of project/programme risk and issue management
- Leadership and development of our robust IT and Change organisation
- Quality management of our IT Delivery Approach (continual challenging and improving)
Skills & experiences required:
- A professional accreditation or certification in Project Management
- Business degree and significant track record working in Financial Services
- Proven knowledge of business analysis
- Commercial exposure to programme management, project governance and quality assurance, supplier management, planning & priority setting, first line of defence and risk awareness
- Whilst a proven background in Cyber Security is helpful, it is not essential
What will you get for this role?
- A salary starting from £30,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.