Regional Trading Manager (North West)
Aviva UK's Regional Mid-Market & Specialty Lines Business is now looking for a Regional Trading Manager in the North West. We see this as a great opportunity to take a position of leadership and autonomy in an establish and thriving team, backed with the full resources and support of the UK's largest insurance company.
Reporting to the Head of Trading North, the Regional Trading Manager will take P&L accountability for the North West Mid-Market book whilst manging the business and leading the trading teams across the region. This will entail delivering profitable growth through great service and trading, building underwriter and leader capability, and driving operational efficiencies led by data analysis and performance.
The role is ideally to be based in the North West, supporting the underwriting teams across the region. There is a trading office in Manchester where the teams are primarily based, in addition to regional underwriters working across the region in brokers' offices.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Managing a book of business in excess of £80M GWP with a plan to continue to grow profitably
- Leadership of c.45 Trading Underwriters across 3 trading teams with 3 underwriting leaders as direct reports
- Oversight of the continuous improvement of service and trading to brokers and customers
- Implementing and prioritising regional change plan initiatives with key strategic projects
- Ensuring region is covered and protected through underwriting risk and governance framework
- Confirming existing processes and service standards are continuously improved based on customer feedback & demand
- Internal collaboration with key stakeholders, including Head of Trading, Regional Performance Manager, Distribution, Risk Management, Client Relationship Managers, Claims and Technical teams
- Consistently promote and embed Aviva's brand values with all brokers, customers, employees - leading by example
Skills & experiences required:
- Robust experience in managing a P&L leading underwriting teams across commercial lines (Property, Casualty, Motor, etc), whilst delivering profitable growth
- ACII qualification or equivalent would be great to see
- Relevant management or business qualification
- Track record of guiding people and change in sophisticated operational environments (team building, motivation, remote workers, coaching, performance management)
- Commercial awareness of governance and risk guidelines/procedures, insurance legislation/regulation and trading solutions
- Effective communication skills appropriate to a variety of internal and external business partners
- In-depth knowledge of trends/patterns within Finance and Insurance sectors
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- A company car available aligned to Aviva's company car scheme with mileage cover
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.