1 day left
- Full Time
A superb junior opportunity has arisen to join the Bulk Purchase Annuity (BPA) team in Aviva as a Reinsurance Analyst. This is a dynamic, motivated team driving success for our BPA business unit. The role reports into our Reinsurance Manager and leads to steady career growth in our team.
Bulk annuity business is a key area of growth and value generation for Aviva, with business volumes tripling over recent years. This person will be involved in reinsurance tenders, analysing terms and working closely with Operations to implement treaty arrangements - a position making a real difference with varied and rewarding processes in an actuarial and commercially balanced team.
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable with working from our York or London offices 50% of the time.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Working with our BPA Pricing and Deal Management teams to optimise commercials
- Supporting the reinsurance tender process and undertaking analysis of reinsurance terms
- Assisting with reinsurer relationship management
- Liaising with BPA Operations to ensure effective treaty management
Skills & experiences required:
- Robust mathematical, data, modelling and Excel skills - confidence with technical tasks
- VBA skills would be an advantage but not crucial
- Any commercial actuarial experience (pricing, BPA, or defined benefit pensions) would be great to see
- Track record of challenging constructively and influencing outcomes
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.