5 days left
- Full Time
Perth / Flexible
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the SME Business Intelligence Team based in Perth.
Forming part of the wider Commercial Technical Underwriting department, the department provides a shared Business Information service offering reporting, insight and analysis on all aspects Financial, Operational and Governance.
You will be supported to develop your potential through the setting of stretching objectives and a variety of tasks while giving the freedom tackle problems. Collaboration and knowledge-sharing are key to strengthening the team in our open-plan environment.
The team provides a one-stop shop for anyone passionate about expanding their knowledge of Commercial Insurance, how it operates and what information it needs to operate.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- You will provide support for Commercial Insurance performance monitoring ensuring accuracy and consistency of reporting.
- Produce reports and generate insights of Commercial Insurance risk exposure through analysis of trends.
- Provide a Product/Channel/Class view of Commercial Insurance accounts providing informed advice on our future profit.
- Develop and visualise reports for supporting the trading activities of the SME Commercial Insurance teams, providing training on how to use the reports.
- Facilitate analysis of data from different sources using data mining (or knowledge discovery) to summarise it into actionable information, to deepen stakeholder understanding of data and identify potential trends, statistical significance.
- Demonstrate "added customer value" through consistent delivery of priority requirements supporting a rapidly evolving and MI hungry set of clients, in an environment with challenging deadlines and multiple sources of data.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Have ideally gained a degree in Business Analytics / Statistics / Mathematics / Accounting / Computer Science or equivalent
- Possess excellent knowledge of Excel
- Attention to detail and have a creative mind
- Exceptional numerical skills and problem-solving abilities which will help you summarise information and enable forecasting
- Experience with SAS, SQL, MS Office and QlikSense
- Ability to deliver presentations / findings to a group of stakeholders in a concise manner
- Experience of insurance or the financial industry is an asset
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £24,000 depending on skills, experience, qualifications & location
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.