Want to learn payroll? Good administration and customer service skills? Then, we have an opportunity for you to join the payroll team on a fixed term basis. Joining as a Payroll Adviser you will support the accurate and effective processing of our monthly payroll for 17,000 UK based employees.
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, but your place of work will be Norwich and you must be able to regularly travel to our Norwich office as and when required at your own expense.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Input and checking of all aspects of UK Payroll processing.
- Importing files to payroll system.
- Starters, Leavers and completion of all appropriate tax forms.
- Variable data - e.g.. bonus, advances, overtime, etc.
- Application of statutory and firm rules in relation to: SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, redundancy payments and many other aspects of payroll processing.
- Dealing with employee related queries through within the given SLA agreements.
- Print save and distributed daily HR/Payroll interface reports on a rota basis.
- Ability to manually calculate PAYE and NI calculations when required.
- Completion of periodic National Statistics forms.
Skills & Experience required:
- The ability and confidence to manage customer and partner relationships.
- The ability work in a team and build relationships with co-workers both virtually and in person.
- A passion to deliver a service that goes above and beyond for our internal customers.
- Self-driven; enjoys a challenge with proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results.
- Ability to work remotely from home (equipment provided).
- Willing to learn and grow in your role.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £20,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.